What is the role of GPEDC?
The Greater Portland Economic Development Corporation (GPEDC) aims to create and support jobs on behalf of our communities: Cape Elizabeth, Falmouth, Portland, Scarborough, South Portland and Westbrook. Alongside our partners, we provide free support, that works to attract and maintain:
- Companies investing and expanding
- A creative and skilled workforce
Our support starts before you have made a final decision on your location, as we want to show you why Portland is the right choice. But what happens then? These are some of the key elements to the process:
What service do GPEDC provide?
For companies: we help you to make the right location choice in Greater Portland for your business. We can walk you through the whole process:
- Providing local information and data on our communities
- Identifying suitable sites, with introductions to developers and utilities providers
- Walking you through the requirements for incentives, licensing, permits and company set up
- Offering assistance with recruiting talent, and coordinate with our region’s education sector
For people: we help you to enter a creative and dynamic labor market, by:
- Providing links to apprenticeships and internships
- Making links to courses and training at our educational institutes
- Supporting enterprise, through our incubators and hubs